Amicus Curiae Work and Briefs
WDA appears on behalf of indigent persons, public defenders and other criminal defense attorneys on issues relating to due process, access to justice, criminal defense and the rights of indigent persons.
If you are handling a matter at the appellate level that you for which you would like WDA to write an amicus brief, contact Cindy Arends Elsberry.
If you are interested in working on an amicus brief, please fill out this survey and indicate what kind of issues you would be interested in working on.
Current Amicus Committee Members
- Jodi Backlund (Backlund & Mistry)
- Eric Broman (Neilsen, Broman & Koch, PLLC)
- David Donnan (Washington Appellate Project)
- Kathy Knox (Spokane City Public Defender)
- Greg Link (Washington Appellate Project)